Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Davis

This was one of the very few Sundays we were free. For the past several months, even our Sundays were packed. There seemed to be always something going on. So on this particular Sunday, we decided to take Gra'ma back to Fuji in Davis. We longed for the buffet sushi, soft-shell crab and the salmon head.

We got there about half past 12 and there was already some wait. After a few minutes, we finally got our seat and started our long lunch. After shamelessly stuffing ourselves, we decided to take a stroll at the nearby Ace Hardware. This was no typical Ace Hardware in that it sold a lot of knick knacks for the house. Angel decided to get a Nativity set for her office. Rafael of course did what he does best. Find a train set. Yes at Ace Hardware. In the interest of being consistent, we told him that the next toy he'll get will be on Christmas. After some back-and-forth and a bit of grumbling, he relented - yeah seriously.

On the way back, we passed by the Nut Tree Plaza in Vacaville. We've heard from friends how kids would love this place. What do you know? They had a train ride. So short you were done before you could say Nut Tree. Afterwards, I crossed the street to take a peek at the Pearl Izumi Factory Store. I had to take a second look to make sure I wasn't at a Gucci shop. I did not find a single item that I could afford even if I felt like splurging which I wasn't of course.

We then all proceeded to cap our day with some ginormous ice cream at Fenton's. I don't know how I finished mine but I actually did. Gra'ma ordered a banana split for giants which of course she did not finish. We drove home feeling stuffed and seemed we could last the entire week without taking anything. Not even water.



Downtown Davis has some cool wall painting all over town and this was one of them.


This one was behind Ace Hardware. Seriously. I love it.























This was a typical serving size at Fenton's

The serving size was almost as big as my head.


No comments: