Monday, November 18, 2013

Unboxing the Motobecane

I waited in anticipation tracking the UPS shipment online. It said, it was already in town days before the scheduled delivery. I eagerly called the warehouse. Unfortunately, they do not allow you to pickup a package before its scheduled delivery. Then the day finally arrived. I waited. Waited. Refreshed the status of the package. It said: "Out for Delivery". Refreshed it again and again. Finally, it said: "Delivery re-scheduled for the next day. Package did not leave the warehouse.". Whaaat? This was torture if there ever was one. Ever since I started buying stuff online, UPS never failed to deliver it on time.

I waited again the following day. Frequently peeking at the front yard making sure the package is not left there for long. 2 PM. Still not there. 3 PM still not there. Status still says: "Out for Delivery.". Then at 7 PM, status changed again to "Delivery re-scheduled for the next day...". This was too much to bear! I called UPS. They said they couldn't locate my package. There were thousands of packages that came from the recent Thanksgiving and holiday sales. Ok I will let nature take its course. If it gets lost then I'll just have to ask for a refund. But deep inside I couldn't stand another day not knowing what happened to it.

On the 3rd day, I noticed something change in the tracking status. It said "Out for Delivery" again but the date is for the following day. I called UPS to ask. They FOUND the package! Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah! Unfortunately, the truck had left already so it didn't make it to the day's delivery truck. Of course I told them I was going to pick up. Even if I had to walk to get it I would. So after Rafael's karate class, we drove to the UPS facility. It was huge - 2 football fields big. No wonder they couldn't easily find it.

After giving them the tracking number and showing my ID, it came out in a 3.5' x 2.5' box. My baby. I lifted it and was surprised how light it was. Here are some photos of when I opened it.






Almost done putting it together. Had to bring it to the shop the next day to make sure everything was properly adjusted. They said they only had to make some minor ones like truing of the wheels and derailleur adjustments.

No comments: